ICC Advertising and Marketing Communications CodeSeptember 6, 2019
ICC/ESOMAR International Code on Market and Social ResearchSeptember 6, 2019
ICC International Code of Direct Selling
ICC expects business operators to respect and endorse the Code both in the spirit and to the letter. It is recommended as a daily reference source for everyone involved in direct selling.
The Code is intended to achieve the following objectives:
- demonstrate responsibility and good practice in direct selling across the world;
- enhance overall public confidence in direct selling;
- respect privacy and consumer preferences and to provide effective consumer protection;
- promote fair competition and free enterprise;
- provide effective practical and flexible solutions;
- minimise the need for detailed governmental and/or inter-governmental legislation or regulations.
Structure of the Code
The Code is constructed as a system of ethical rules for the various phases and aspects of the direct selling process. It has been divided into four chapters:
- Basic principles
- Conduct towards consumers
- Conduct towards direct sellers
- Responsibility, substantiation and implementation.
There are no reviews yet.